“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service to others (Mahatma Gandhi).”
- Institution of dancing in holiday style on the way to the movie of the year. The Chapter ushered in the holiday with over 1,000 members and guests at the chapter’s first Crimson and Creme Holiday Fling Dance. The Chapter ended the holiday season with selling over 1,088 tickets for a sellout crowd in three theaters at Patton Creek’s Carmike Theater for the Red Carpet Family event, the premier of the movie Hidden Figures. This was a party with a purpose! The chapter in partnership with DELTA Incorporated, a 501 (c)3 organization, awarded $23,000 in scholarships to area high school students and students matriculating at Miles College.
- Celebration of 85 Years of Incomparable and Enduring Service in the community. The Chapter extended appreciation to community partners of our Five Point Programmatic Thrust: New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church (Economic Development), Alabama State Board of Education (Educational Development), International Ministries (International Awareness & Involvement), Susan G. Komen of North Central Alabama Cancer Awareness Foundation (Physical & Mental Health), and Mayor of Birmingham and Jefferson County Commission (Political Awareness & Involvement).
- Expansion of the chapter’s service area from two counties (Jefferson and Shelby) to seven counties (Greater Birmingham Metro Area). Pledging to remain a viable and driving force in the community the chapter expanded its service area to include Bibb, Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair and Walker counties.
- Initiation of Memorandum of Understanding with our sister chapter in the community (Jefferson County Alumnae Chapter), jointly servicing Jefferson and Shelby counties.
- Institution of Membership Intake in Spring 2017 that welcomed 86 new chapter members (P.R.E.S.T.I.G.E.) to the Sisterhood.