The Birmingham Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is currently accepting applications for scholarship from graduating high school seniors attending college for the 2020-2021 school year. Applicants should have the following credentials:
Graduating high school senior in the Birmingham Metropolitan Area or one of the following counties: Bibb, Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair and Walker
- Entering college as a freshman Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 term
- GPA of at least 2.5
- ACT Score of at least 18
- Community Service Involvement
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
To be considered for scholarship, applicants must provide the following:
- Complete an application form online
- Provide (1) Academic Letter of Recommendation from a School Official, such as a Teacher, Principal, or Counselor
- Provide (1) Community Service Letter of Recommendation on Agency Letterhead
- Provide a copy of OFFICIAL high school transcript
- Provide a copy of ACT scores
- A head shot photograph for display and media purposes (required)
- Complete and submit a Media Release Form
- Submit a complete application package by March 2, 2020
AWARD NOTIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Applicants who are awarded scholarships will be notified mid-April 2020 and will be recognized on Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. (recipient’s attendance required).
Applicants are responsible for providing instructions to high school official and agency official writing letters of recommendation on their behalf.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applicants must meet minimum eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for scholarship awards. Materials submitted online must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on March 2, 2020. Materials submitted via U.S. mail must be postmarked by March 2, 2020.
- Scholarship Application completed and submitted online
- Academic Letter of Recommendation from a School Official, such as a Teacher, Principal, or Counselor submitted online. Recommenders must use their professional email addresses or upload the Letter of Recommendation on School Letterhead.
- Community ServiceLetter of Recommendation submitted online. Recommenders must use their professional email addresses or upload the Letter of Recommendation on Agency Letterhead.
- Submit OFFICIAL high school transcript via U.S. mail
- Submit ACT scores via U.S. mail
- Head shot photograph
- Personal Statement in 250 words or less about you, your educational goals, and how the scholarship will help continue your education.
- A Media Release Form that is signed completed online. Applicants under the age of 18 should have their Parent/Guardian complete and sign the form online. If applicants are over the age of 18, they should complete and sign the form online.
- Scholarship Award winners will be recognized on Saturday, May 2, 2020 and are required to attend.
The High School Transcript and ACT Scores should be mailed (postmarked by March 2, 2020) to the following address:
Birmingham Alumnae Chapter
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1842
Birmingham, AL 35201-1842
Please click on the appropriate link below to access the appropriate forms.
|SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION||Media Release Form|
|Letter of Recommendation Instructions||Letter of Recommendation|