The Birmingham Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is currently accepting applications for scholarship from Lawson State Community College Nursing students for the 2021-2022 school year. Applicants should have the following credentials:
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Minimum credit hours 12
- Community Service Involvement
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
To be considered for scholarship, applicants must provide the following:
- Complete and submit application package online
- Provide (1) Academic Letter of Recommendation from a College Official, such as a Professor, Advisor, or Department Chair
- Provide (1) Community Service Letter of Recommendation on Agency Letterhead.
- Provide a copy of the OFFICIAL College transcript
- A photograph head shot for display and media purposes (required)
- Complete and submit a Media Release Form
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE APPLICANT
- Submit a complete application package by March 1, 2021.
- Provide Instructions to individuals writing Letters of Recommendations.
- Provide Instructions to Parent or Guardian if responsible for signing the Media Release Form.
AWARD NOTIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Applicants who are awarded scholarships will be notified by mid-April 2021 and will be recognized on Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. (recipient’s attendance required).
Late submittals will not be eligible for consideration.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applicants must meet minimum eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for scholarship awards. Materials submitted online must be received by 11:59 P.M. CST on March 1, 2021. Materials submitted via U.S. mail must be postmarked by March 1, 2021.
- Scholarship Application completed and submitted online
- Academic Letter of Recommendation from a College Official, such as a Professor, Advisor, or Department Chair submitted online. Recommenders must use their professional email addresses or upload the Letter of Recommendation on School Letterhead
- Community Service Letter of Recommendation submitted online. Recommenders must use their professional email addresses or upload the Letter of Recommendation on Agency Letterhead.
- Submit a copy of the OFFICIAL College transcript via U.S. mail
- Head shot photograph
- Personal Statement about you, your educational and career goals, and how the scholarship will help continue your education. Statement should be between 250-500 words.
- A Media Release Form that is signed completed online. Applicants under the age of 18 should have their Parent/Guardian complete and sign the form online. If applicants are over the age of 18, they should complete and sign the form online.
- Scholarship Award winners will be recognized on Saturday, May 1, 2021 and are required to attend.
The College Transcript should be mailed (postmarked by March 1, 2021) to the following address:
Birmingham Alumnae Chapter
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1842
Birmingham, AL 35201-1842
Please click on the appropriate link below to access the appropriate forms.
|SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION-Lawson State Community College||Media Release Form|
|Letter of Recommendation Instructions||Letter Of Recommendation|
Please contact the Scholarship Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.